Monday, December 26, 2011

Your Heart is as Black as Night

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!

I was contacted by fellow illustrator Philippe Debongnie to collaborate with his blog Jazz and Draw. It was an honor to be contacted by him, and I'm grateful for the opportunity! It was a wonderful present to see my contribution posted recently.

I can't remember anymore how I stumbled across Melody Gardot's music due to my incredible memory, but I'm glad I did because I love her deep, husky voice. Not only that, her story is amazing - music has literally saved her life. You can read about it here.


Your Heart is as Black as Night.
7.25 x 10" watercolor paper.
Graphite + acrylic.


I may not be able to post until next year, so if not I wish you all a safe, happy new year! See you in 2012~

1 comment:

  1. the mood of this piece is amazing!:)

    I love her voice, her story is wonderful too.

    have a fun vacation and see you next year!:)

    ReplyDelete