Monday, March 19, 2012

Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's...

I did a mini portrait series a little while ago of each band member of the Sex Pistols. Well, the final lineup before they imploded and broke up.
I used to listen to the Sex Pistols more when I was in high school. I was digging back into my "music library," and it's been interesting to find out which bands have split, which individuals have continued making music, which bands have stuck together and how their musical style has changed.






Each 8 x 10" watercolor paper.
Graphite + digital.

Not totally successful, but I will say I was referencing one of their original images created by Jamie Reid for promotion of their single 'God Save the Queen.'


In the end, I opted to not write text on it and keep the pencil's value instead of darkening it up. Keeping with the inspiration, I also decided not to color the figures, even though I put it on watercolor paper. That's the importance of planning ahead and not making a decision at nearly the end, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment