Thursday, October 6, 2011

WeLoveFine! T-shirt

Remember those little hint pictures? They were for WeLoveFine!'s steampunk T-shirt design competition. Here is my submission:



Admittedly I'm not an expert on the steampunk style, but I did some research and I grew up on Hayao Miyazaki's films – I would watch My Neighbor Totoro repeatedly when I was little. I always think of his beautiful flying scenes (hence the Laputa: Castle in the Sky and Howl's Moving Castle images) and the thoughtful design of all the machinery. I read in an interview he tends to include at least one scene of flying because it's a form of liberation, and I'm inclined to agree :]

You can vote and see more of the awesome designs here.

1 comment:

  1. yeah yeah finally it's up for vote! so nicely designed team mate!

    I wish you win win win!:D

    p.s. i have to wear a t-shirt designed by you someday, someday soon!:)

    ReplyDelete